Monday, January 30, 2006

Something to think about...

The past few sermons at church have been focussing on using our talents to further God's kingdom and the well known story of Peter being called to be a "fisher of men". The other day I was reading a devotion and the last paragraph really challenged me what as to what I as a Christian was doing in this world. Which one of these believers am I?
"If you are a believer, do you simply stay in your "holy huddle," waiting for Jesus to take you safely home? Or do you circle back, getting close enough to the drowning so that you can reach out a hand and bring them on board the lifeboat of Jesus?"
I realized that many times my light is hidden under a bushel, busy worrying about my own problems but there is a mission field right in our own backyard! Lots of people looking for answers to life's problems. Time for me to get out of my "huddle" and share what God has done and is doing in my life (our lives) and share the message of God's grace and love.

No comments: