

Dad, Brian, Wade, Kevin and Steve all helped in the re-shingling project. Kels, Connor, Mags, Trent, and I started the shingle clean-up. Thankfully Aunt Mare, Uncle Doug, Nicole and Carole came to our rescue and finished up. Thanks everyone! It looks beautiful!

Well, the roof was replaced, the house was cleaned and "de-cluttered (THANKS AUNT MARE!), the for sale sign was pounded into the ground and the first showing was yesterday! Wow! Lots of change. I'm happy for Dad (& Nicole) that they are moving into a smaller ranch just around the corner from us. It makes much more sense. However, I'm a person that doesn't like change, so part of me will be sad to see our old "home" go but another part of me knows that it isn't the "home" we all remember. It doesn't matter how much time goes by, I still envision my Mom standing at the kitchen counter whipping up some muffins or entering the garage and the smell of cookies welcoming you, every time I go there and that will remain with that house (and it's painful each and EVERY time.) I guess the best thing for all of us (especially dad) will be to move on to a new address and leave the many years of love, happiness and good times we had on Marlene. It's a huge step of acceptance for us all. Life never stays the same and regardless of whether you like it or not, you have to roll with it, accept the things you can't change, rely on God's grace and remember He has a plan for us.

4 comments:
big changes?!?...explain, svp ;)
no time to post pics of Marlene St. w/ new roof and forsale sign...that's it, nothing exciting!
Lori; Where is Dad moving to? You said just around the corner from you. Nice pics of everyone but you aren't in any...Allison
Hey Al, He's moving onto Applewood. I'm on the other side of the camera...right where i want to be ;)
Post a Comment