Sunday, May 13, 2007

The weekend

DECK BUILDING

After many hours of contemplating, planning and "re"planning, Bri and I came up with a blue print for our long awaited deck(s). Pictured are Brian and Dad making the plan a reality! Thanks for all your hard work guys. They built 2 decks in 1 1/2 days...much quicker than they thought. So all that's left to do is the railing, steps and lattice! What an improvement...before and afters to come...
Trent hammering away - Brian hard at the second tier (in background)
MOTHER'S DAY 2007


We spent Mother's Day @ Mom and Dad's place and brought Mom home for the day, took a few pics and afterwards realized that we forgot to take the cowboy hat off of Mom - the medication(s) she is on tend to make her burn--so uncharacteristic of her who was always brown as a berry, hence the reason for the hat. She was very content sitting there in the backyard with us, totally unaware of her circumstances (which is a blessing for her) but oh how it breaks our hearts to see her this way. I miss my MOM!
Where is everybody? Brian & Wade had to work, Kev and Carole had a sick baby and Steve and Colleen are in Alberta!

Beautiful Kelsey wearing her mother's sunglasses - I have to watch my things, they seem to end up on her or in her room - we are starting to have some similar tastes in accessories and shoes (almost the same shoe size!) I think I'm just as excited about sharing as her!


You know the saying..."The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence..."
Connor reaching his reading goal for the month - he was instructed to read in an unusual place...;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori; I understand how much you miss your mom. She was such a beautiful, loving person. We also miss her!! Doesn't take long to put something together once the plans are finalized.Our boys did our roof in 1 1/2 days.Those are nice pictures especially the one's with your mom present.