Thursday, May 25, 2006

Some great recipes

I went to our Women's Coffee Break Supper (Finale) and the leaders made supper. It was fabulous. Just had to share a couple of the recipes...

FRIED RICE (except you don't have to fry it!)

3 cups hot water
2 cups rice (not minute rice)
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oil
1 can of mushrooms
other frozen vegies of your choice

Mix all together and place in a covered casserole dish. Bake in oven @ 350 for 1 hour.

SPINACH SALAD

Washed baby spinach leaves
1 quart sliced strawberries
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. strawberry jam (warmed)
pecans/walnuts or slivered almonds

Heat jam in microwave, add vinegar and oil and pour over top spinach, strawbs and nuts. Toss and enjoy! Let me know if you liked it...leave a comment!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

This is Jennifer (DeWaal) Westendorp writing. I check out your blog every now and then(when I check out Kev & Carole's). I tried the fried rice. It was delicious. Even our son ate it and he's a picky eater. Just thought I'd let you know.
Also, you had some pics of your twins at the Early Years Center, where is that and when do you go?

Lori said...

Hi Jen,
Glad that you liked the rice, it's always nice to get a good recipe and an easy one at that! The Early Years Center is on Morrison Drive, just before the Salvation Army Church on Elm...it's really nice, i usually go on Thursday mornings but it's open every day 9-4:30 i think. They have really nice outdoor toys as well. Check it out, maybe we'll see eachother!